The procurement and sourcing technology market is evolving rapidly. Application leaders should use this document to gauge the impact of adoption, digital business, machine learning, cloud delivery and the consumer experience on the ROI of solutions in this domain.
- Vendors of procurement and sourcing technology are starting to explore how advances in machine learning and algorithms can be used in the procurement and sourcing domain. Process automation will be a common prerequisite for capitalizing on these advances.
- Cloud delivery is becoming the de facto standard for procurement and sourcing technology. In 2016, cloud delivery accounted for almost all (over 90%) of the new implementations of procure to pay (P2P) and sourcing suite solutions globally, in both the public and private sector.
- The move from paper-based processes to digital process enablement between business buyers and suppliers is poised to accelerate dramatically. Adoption is unlikely to be of all-in-one supply collaboration platforms, but rather of solutions that digitize clusters of related domain activities.
- The routine presentation of transparent, competitive pricing to online consumer shoppers will further pressure procurement teams to justify the attractiveness of contract pricing."
- Gartner Predicts 2017: Procurement and Sourcing Technology, Deborah R Wilson, Magnus Bergfors, Desere Edwards, 16 November 2016
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.